Up to Class Eight, it is Primary. According to national education policy, the primary education is upgraded to class eight and it will be under the control of primary and mass education Ministry . This decision is finalized.
In the presence of education minister Mr. Nurul Islam Nahid and primary and mass Education Minister Mostafizur Rahman and other top level Educationists, this decision was made in the meeting regarding education policy implementation in a room of education ministry.
Later Nurul Islam Nahid said,” We have taken a decision in the light of 2010 Education Policy. It is the first time to implement such policy in the history”.
The things to be changed
- Up to class Eight , it is considered as primary education.
- The activities of class one to class eight is directed by Primary and Mass education Ministry.
- Change has come to the action of monitoring that means the responsibilities of the ministry.
- The schools who have up to class five , those are not changed to class eight. All secondary schools do not open Higher secondary classes.
- Instead of class five, class eight will be considered as the end of primary education.
- The ministry will later inform that whether the ending examination of primary and in class eight will prevail or not and if prevails how it can be exit -this decision will take by the ministry
Primary and mass education minister Mr. Mostafizur Rahman said in this regard that after the education policy, many think that if the primary education is up to class eight then all primary schools will open schooling for up to class eight. That is not true.
Statistics of Primary education
Total Primary Education School- 108537
Total govt Primary School- 63041
Total secondary school-19684
Attached to the college-953
Before achieving the target
Mr. Minister said that within 2018, primary education will be up to class eight. This was the consideration. But in 2016, they have achieved the target. He feels that within 2018, all framework can be done in full fledge.
There will be a huge change in education up to higher secondary. Syllabus, framework, Teacher, training, Organization, Human resources, management-all things have to organize newly.
The education minister also directed to the concerned officer that to fix up the responsibilities of the ministry. What help is needed will be patronized by the ministry. He assured.
In the meeting, education secretary Md. Sohrab Hossain, VC of University of Dhaka A.A.M.S. Arefin Siddique, DG of secondary and higher education department Professor Fahima Khatun, Dean of Arts Faculty of DU professor Md. Akhtaruzzaman were also present.